Thursday, May 10, 2012

Money & reward

Saving money is hard. Agree? Every time I managed to save some money, there was always a big bill waiting to be paid off: insurance premium, computer purchase, and car maintenance. Now I'm finally able to see my money grow! I do want to save my money for something big, like a house in the future, but there is still my student loan to repay, and it seems like my monthly contribution is only making a small dent. I would ideally like to pay it off within the next 4 years, but that would leave very little room to save money for a house. I wish there was a life-coaching courses in high-school so that I would be smarter about money management. It's great to be able to make money and buy what you want, but trying to save that money for a big goal seems like a difficult journey. In order to remain sane while saving money, I've decided on a compromise: for every 10lb I lose I buy myself something that I really want within reasonable amount. At least I'll be getting fit and rich; though I do worry about falling off the jogging and diet regiment. I try to keep reminding myself that- you never regret after a workout, but do if I miss out. Such is the life of a twenty-something "freelance" worker. How do you manage to save money? Share your tips and help me get richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...