Thursday, September 22, 2011

I must be the busiest unemployed person


My September

Really, my current unemployed status is not to be laughed at. I feel so busy with with all the tutoring jobs I've been getting. I lost count of my students, yes, that's how you know you're busy, when you can't count how many students you have. I got into tutoring mainly to make side money while attending school, but now it has somewhat become a full time job. I don't take tutoring lightly, I work hard to help my students achieve success, but I still do wish for a full time teaching job.

Have you ever felt so beaten because submitting résumé after résumé has become monotonous? I vary my cover letters, wondering what the principals are looking for... but I can never seem to "hit the spot".

DSC_0890.JPG

At least I'm tutoring in a field where I'm interested in pursuing. I love seeing my student's work! The art work above is done by my student when he was in grade 1. I love working with kids and helping them unleash creativity. I find that the more I work with them, I'm getter better at letting students "make mistakes" as they learn. Part of me wants to micro-manage everything, but I realized that that won't help the students in the near future. I love how this art work is so playful, colourful... and it says "how awesome it is to be a kid!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...