Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hard work and luck


fortunes-wheel-oil-painting_melody-phaneuf.jpg

Fortune's Wheel, painting by Melody Phaneuf



Do you believe in Luck?

I believe that hard work is important in order to be successful (however one wants to define it) in life, but I can't help but think that little bit of luck goes a long way. I always felt that I was unlucky, and felt that this one particular friend was always lucky: with jobs, higher education, and love. But to think like this would undermine her hard efforts. I'm sure she wasn't just handed the opportunity, but … part of me nags and wonder… how lucky can one girl get?

To put one's fate into a fortune one can't control would be foolish, and simply not taking responsibilities for one's decisions and hard work, and an easy scapegoat if things don't go well.

So hard work will take you where you want to be, but little luck can't hurt either.

Things are starting to look sunny for me. Today I had an interview for a Visual Arts teaching position, and I have another interview lined up on November 1st for English supply teaching! After five months of agonizing stress and torture of waiting, I'm finally getting interviews! Let's hope that my hard work and little bit of luck will allow me to do what I love: teach.

P.S. I finally figured out why my profile information has been showing at the bottom of my page! It's because I didn't close my div tag when I inserted images onto my blog! I'm so glad I finally figured it out! I was so close to closing this blog all together out of sheer frustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...